Group Finance Director
General objective of the function
As Group Finance Director you will provide overall leadership to the finance teams and functions of each region, ensuring compliance and excellence in all systems and processes and the overall financial integrity of the business. You will be responsible of accounting compliancy, implementation of fiscal legislation, and anticipating underfinancing. You will lead on M&A activity, corporate governance, business planning and reporting, identifying financial opportunities for the company and supporting the direction, strategies and action plans to achieve the full potential of our business.
Position of the function
Reporting to: Group Managing Partner in charge of Finance (ART)
Direct reports: all national finance managers
Regional responsibility: Cluster 1 (Belgium, Germany, France), 2 (Brazil, Chile), 3 (Spain, Italy, Poland)
Responsibilities as Group Board member:
- Being an ambassador of the group strategy, mission, vision and values applied to your department by providing their translation specific to the job towards local leaders.
- Leading, developing, and building a high-performing global team of collaborators and professional staff across all regions in support of FIABILIS. Continually assessing team capabilities as well as skill and resource gaps, to build a fit-for-purpose organization, with a focus on realizing efficiencies and sharing best practices.
- Representing the group with its company values both internally and at external events.
- Creation of a healthy and professional work environment within the international board with all members.
Responsibilities as group leader of your department:
- Leading of Finance function and reporting of group statutory accounts
- Processing consolidation
- Leading all M&A, change, restructuring and financial governance activities
- Organizing financial strategy / forecasting / planning to achieve corporate goals
- Undertaking change and transformation initiatives as part of the senior Executive team
- Managing risk & cash and internal controls.
- Managing external banking relations
- Maintaining stakeholder and investor relations, you are able to build relations and defend the value of Fiabilis.
- Supporting regional financial initiatives and corporate group activity
- Developing and reporting improved financial business performance metrics
- Working closely with government and industry stakeholder groups
- Strong leadership with permanent communication, sincere accountability, and commitment, adapted to virtual teams without direct hierarchical reporting lines in an international context. Demonstrate ownership of taking appropriate actions.
- Open and inclusive mindset with the will of seizing opportunities and pursuing evolution in the interest of FIABILIS.
- Strong people skills: letting people know where they stand, facing up to people and situations, dealing with problems directly, taking actions when necessary, stepping up to conflict and finding common ground with minimal noise, both with team members and other board members.
- Good knowledge of English is a must have, any knowledge of the following European languages: French, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish, Dutch is an asset.
- Ability to anticipate, plan ahead and delegate to the right people in order to minimize surprises and ensure to hit deadlines.
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Financial management experience.
- Strong aptitude for Excel and strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding financial services to, and interact with, a range of senior executives and demonstrated ability to function as a business partner, providing strategic and solutions-oriented support.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with a proven ability to adjust and thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to take a pragmatic approach, with a willingness to proactively engage with business colleagues to find solutions and implement action plans that are sustainable.
- An ability to support multiple complex transactions and projects simultaneously.